What is SM?
“What does money like? Money likes speed. That’s the secret few know about money. Money comes to those who act fast. If you think, wonder, question, doubt, plan, meet, discuss, or in any other way drag your feet, money goes to the next person in line.”
Traditional marketing teaches you to spend large to ‘get your name out there’ and ‘build a brand’. The promise is that one day when your buyer has a need they will remember you.
For most small businesses that is a recipe for suicide.
Speed Marketing is the art of making the phone ring… and getting a measurable return on every dollar.
This does not happen by accident…
… The Rules Of Speed
- STOP!!! DO NOT SPEND ANOTHER DOLLAR ON ADVERTISING AND MARKETING UNTIL YOU HAVE MASTERED THE RULES BELOW
- THOU SHALT ALWAYS MAKE MARKETING MEASURABLE I.E. EVERY DOLLAR SPENT SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE TRACED TO A DEFINITIVE RESULT IN SALES
- THOU SHALT ALWAYS PROVIDE OFFER(S)
- THOU SHALT ALWAYS PROVIDE A REASON TO RESPOND RIGHT NOW
- THOU SHALT ALWAYS PROVIDE CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS AS TO HOW TO RESPOND
- THOU SHALT ALWAYS FOLLOW UP
- THOU SHALT ONLY USE BRANDING AS A BI PRODUCT AND A BONUS NOT AS THE PRIMARY AIM
- THOU SHALT ALWAYS USE STRONG COPY
- RESULTS RULE. PERIOD
Go to page 5 of the infamous Speed Marketing magazine for a deep and meaningful breakdown on speed marketing.
Or if you don’t have much time watch David Ogilvy, one of the GREATS of the advertising world,
talk about direct response vs general (traditional) advertising.